Tag: risk assessment tools
In a previous post, I discussed that there is no single, fill-in-the-blank, process for conducting an OHS hazard identification and risk assessment. Instead, what is needed is an assembly of individual processes that, when taken together, result in a comprehensive OHSMS risk management strategy.
It is equivalent to assembling a meal from an a la carte menu.
So what are your a la carte choices?
They are numerous and varied and include –
- Checklists and questionnaires
- Consequence / likelihood matrices
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Hazard and operability studies (HAZOP)
- Exposure assessment strategies
- Bayesian analysis
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Computer modeling programs
Just as the key to healthy eating is making wise menu choices, the key to a sound OH&S risk management strategy is choosing the hazard identification and risk assessment tools that are appropriate for your organization.
© ENLAR® Compliance Services, Inc. (2008)